Saturday, September 22, 2007

Two Gallants - Two Gallants

A lot of people would say that they don't like music that involves heartache and pain then there are some that live for it. I on the other hand am one of those people who don't put myself in an artists position. Many would say oh, this is "my song" right now. I'm having a rough relationship, this song is about my situation. In my opinion if a song is written this way it's because it's how the artist who wrote the song feels at that point and time the songs are written. This is just the case with Two Gallants new full length self-titled album. Songs of heartache, sadness, death, confusion are amongst the elements of each track. I can't relate myself to this album but it doesn't mean I don't love it. Each lyric howled by Adam Fontaine is something that you just can't get enough of. I would also like to critique the show I attended at Walter's on Washington in Houston, Texas. It was a free show they played because the last time they played there it was not such a good situation, but we won't get into that. You could really tell that these guys love what they are doing while on stage. Afterwards they hung out with us and we chatted about different subjects (ie., west coast, east coast, shows in the north and south, Cold War Kids). I really think these guys are in music for the right reason which is believing in what you're doing and loving music for what it is. Hats off to Two Gallants, a great band you've never heard of.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice post. Makes me want to check out Two Gallants because I usually enjoy your taste in music.

Have a good week! :)